A cutting and finishing revolution
Laser T* is a comprehensive, integrated system developed entirely inside TÈAS for cutting or finishing plastic and composite materials that meets the highest standards of safety, work area cleanliness and environmental codes.
Provides for a CO2 laser source whose cutting head beam is controlled by an articulated robotic arm. Completing the system is a complementary apparatus for collecting and eliminating waste scraps and an aerated, protective cabin that filters particulates and gases resulting from the cutting process.
With Laser T*, our Client is free to independently produce new models or add design variants simply by intervening on a software level to modify the machine’s work process.
Programming different working cycles is extremely user friendly, specifically designed by TÈAS for this precise purpose: maximizing simplicity. All the cutting and finishing operations are in fact stored in a database according to the numerical parameters of shape and position and catalogued to maximize quick and easy access within the specific work cycle.
Laser Cutting Composites Fiber Glass and Kevlar Reinforcements
High Speed Laser Cutting Process for plastic Materials
Laser Cutting Process on Fiber Glass Reinforced Bath Tube
Detail of PMMA Laser Cutting on Automotive Components
PMMA Automotive Lighting Laser Cutting
Detail of Laser Cutting Process on Plastic Thermoformed Materials
PMMA Automotive Lighting Laser Finishing
Overall Layout of Laser T System
Laser Cleaning Application
Laser Cutting Composites Fiber Glass and Kevlar Reinforcements - Detail
Integration with any production line
TÈAS’ experience in automation and proven teamwork skills allows us to quickly adapt the best plant engineering solution to the specific needs of our customers.
By pre-sampling the materials used by our clients and calculating the production rate required, we establish the cutting parameters to meet and, consequently, the choice of the laser source and the optimum cutting head for each specific application.
High standard, low costs
Clients define the major benefits of the Laser system T* as follows: 1) total flexibility; 2) greater production rates by using high-speed cutting heads; 3) reduction of total operational costs (no more punches for consumption expenses, cutters, etc …) thanks to zero-cost management of the laser cutting system; 4) decreased costs when changing and adapting traditional mechanical cutting systems to process new models or product design variants; 5) benchmark quality standards comparable to results with other technologies; In short, Laser T* ensures maximum flexibility and precision, while allowing a remarkable reduction of running and maintenance costs.
Cutting at its best!
Given the advantages described above and the accurate analysis of production parameters requested to date, our ability to guarantee our customers comparable, if not improved, quality over traditional processes has convinced them to abandon more traditional cutting systems. The reasons underlying these decisions are plain to see in the following laser system strong points:
- Absence of mechanical contact with the workpiece guarantees the protection of the processed material and eliminates any decline in the quality of the cut (the abrasion of punches or cutters, for example, involves a non-constant behavior over time)
- The spot size can be appropriately adjusted according to the specific application
- surface cleanliness (for example laser systems can be used for all types of composite materials that a water jet cutting system would ruin)
- maximum precision of the cutting geometry thanks to the accuracy of modern control systems
- no need to perform second finishing operations of cut edges, such as deburring or sanding, even at high nominal cutting speeds
- the presence of a suitable sensor, ensures the correct and constant focal distance during cutting, regardless of the tolerance of the product’s surface